Monday, April 26, 2004

So last night, I got some rather sobering news.  I'm not going into detail about it here, but many thanks to those of you who went out of their way to extend kindness, in particular Susan, who was freaking out about her senior seminar and still took the time to make sure that I was okay, and Duchess/Princess Vix, who made me ride the kiddie carousel at Wal-Mart in order to make me laugh.  Anyone who happened to be going into the Wal-Mart near the mall last night got an eyeful...two grown women (completely sober, I might add) on this carousel that was built for two-year-olds. And, if that weren't good enough, we had to invent our own sound effects since apparently the machine's speakers had broken. I hope all who saw us got a good laugh. (Next time you go to a store where they have the kiddie rides--you know, the kind that you put in a quarter and it twirls or "flies" or spins or drives or whatever--imagine yourself in it.  Better yet, treat yourself to a ride.  Just don't get stuck.)
I have to put in a plug here, though.  I know this may sound like common sense, but if you're out with your friends, and you know that someone's had too much to drink, please take care of him or her.  Make sure your friends get home safely, that they are aware of what they're doing, and watch out for those that can't watch out for themselves.  Be there for one another.  Don't let something happen that could have been prevented.

0 comments: