Sunday, April 18, 2004

How do I begin to describe one of the best weekends of my life?  In-cre-di-ble.  I’m still kinda floored as to the whole of things.
            Friday night, I went out with a good friend (at the request of this person, I’m not going to use his/her real name…), a friend whom I haven’t spent any considerable length of time with in a very long time.  We ended up going out to dinner, and *** took me to Ruth Chris’, which is by far one of my favorite restaurants, as well as one of the nicest and classiest places in Mobile.  We had a wonderful evening, and I realized how much I missed spending time with ***.  The dinner aside (excellent, by the way), we talked for a solid 4 hours, about everything under the sun.  Unfortunately, *** is moving, and the distance will be considerable enough that we won’t see each other much, if at all.  But we had a fantastic time, and it definitely ranks up there as being one of the better evenings in my life.  I’m glad I got to spend the time with *** that I did. 

            And now we come to Saturday night…the night of the yellow dress, Golden
Anchor Ball and Alisha’s 21st b-day…what an amazing time. 

I can say that I was a little disappointed in the location, but that aside, what better way to spend a Saturday in the company of your sisters and friends?  Alex was my date, and things worked out so perfectly that dinner was at the table with Anna, Tereasa, Juan, Alisha and Tim.  Props to Mary for putting me at a table with my closest friends.  Speck was the band again, and I love hearing them, not to mention that a guy that I went to high school with plays with them…if you get the chance- go check them out. 

            I finally got to wear my yellow dress.  I can honestly say that I have never felt as beautiful as I did last night.  I was the only one wearing yellow, and that alone made me happy…but even Sue commented on my dress, and I can say that I was floating on cloud 9.   Speaking of what people were wearing (everyone looked beautiful, but I have to comment on one particular standout), Anna looked amazing in her blue dress. Stunning! (See the pic of the two of us at the end)

            Afterwards the details get fuzzy J I had every intention of going back to my room and going to bed, but Ashley, her date Matt (no, not Mike.  Matt.  yes, for the umpteenth time, Mike is her boyfriend, and Matt was her date) and a bottle of Captain got the better of me.  We partied at Apt 108 for a while, I know that somewhere along the line I played Spencer in a round of Mario Kart (I am not allowed to drink and drive anymore!), danced with Kate K., ate pizza with Katie and Scoles, and 2/3 of the bottle disappeared.  I know I had a good time, and that was all that mattered. 

        I ended up hanging out with Matt quite a bit Saturday night, and I hate the fact that he's in Auburn and will be all summer. I think that there was a possibilty for something there, but being that we're not going to see each other very often, if at all, chances are slight.  Who knows where the road shall lead...

            Needless to say, this weekend was amazing.  I couldn’t have imagined it being any better than it was.  Now I just have to recover from it!

            There’s more to be said, but I just can’t type any more.  I’ll add more later…check out the pics, though.  I'll add them to my photo album soon, but here are 3 of the better ones.  The group shot is Tereasa, Anna, me and Alisha (the b-day girl!), and the other one was of me and Anna acting silly. I was laughing so hard that I nearly dropped my drink.  Yay for having fabulous friends to be goofy with. The last one is of me and Brian, with whom I never fail to have a good time.

0 comments: