Monday, April 19, 2004

Tonight was one of those nights that I feel truly blessed to have the friends that I do.  Call this entry "Dedicated to the DG's of Mobile 3W"
I was sitting in my room after our chapter meeting tonight when Anna knocks on my door and asks me to come next door for a something. I go to Alisha's, and three of my best friends at Spring Hill- Anna, Tereasa, and Alisha- are there with a bottle of champagne.  It was one of those sappy, cheesy things that you only see in movies, but we each toasted things to this year that we're thankful for.  I didn't fully realize the extent that we had grown together until tonight.  We've been through so much together this year, and no matter what happens, my life is better for the three of them being a part of it.
We've been through break-ups (mine and Matt's, Tereasa and Seth's), guy problems, hilarious weekends, nervous break-downs, friends in need, several bottles of champagne, birthdays, heartaches, breast cancer, hospitalizations, and more laughs than I can count.  They know the real words to "Playboys of the Southwestern World," understand the meaning of the necessity of "caitlin-time," know that I am a one-woman jukebox, and love me as much as I love them.  Alisha understands the meaning of being a hopeless romantic, that there's always a happy ending, and the love of a good sale.  Anna knows when you need a good bowl of chicken noodle soup, how to listen, when even the tiniest pick-me-up can do the trick, and how to be brutally honest when you need someone to be.  And Tereasa is the one who can always make me smile, shares my love of a good shoe sale, and will forever be my Thursday lunch date. I love you guys more than you can ever know.  Thank you. I hope everyone who reads this is as fortunate and blessed as I am to have friends that touch your life so deeply.
I'll leave you with this quote...
"A friend is one who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words." 

0 comments: