Friday, April 23, 2004

Okay, so most of you that know me know that I'm not really into politics.  I follow what's going on...sort of...and can somewhat hold my own in a debate.  But that's where the interest ends.  But I'm completely perplexed by something.
WHY is Christianity and Christian principals and all that jazz even an issue??  Correct me if I'm wrong, but church and state were separated a long time ago, thankyouverymuch.
We've got the Pope withholding communion from Kerry, b/c he supports abortion.  So what?  What right does the Pope have to judge anyone?  What makes him alike with God?  If you want to know where I got my information, read today's article on CNN.com.
I have nothing against the Catholic church, but geez!  Religion does not equal politics.
I'm at work at the moment, and can't really add more at the time.  But someone, please feel free to enlighten me.  Maybe I missed something, maybe I should shut my trap and keep my thought to myself, whatever.  I guess the curse of going to a Catholic institution and being surrounded by Catholic Republicans 90% of the time is having a hard time figuring out where the rest of us fit in to the grand scheme of things. 

0 comments: