Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I've been in the weirdest mood the last few days.  Not bad, per se, only strange.  The end of the semester does that to me, though.  People graduate, people move away, people get married...everything is different when we come back in the fall. And I honestly don't know where the time went...one day I was a freshman, and *poof*...now about to start senior year. I was talking to a friend about it the other day, though, and I think I know what's bothering me.  It seems as though all of my friends that aren't in the "college bubble," the one's that have either graduated, started working right out of high school, etc, know where their lives are going.  They already have their future plans.  I'm stuck somewhere in the middle.  I know what I want to do, and I know what I would like to accomplish, but I don't feel like I'm being very productive.  I know that getting my degree is a big step in getting there, but...I don't know.  I kinda feel like my life is on hold or something. I have friends who are climbing corporate ladders, friends who have started their own companies, friends who are happily married, friends who are starting their families, friends that are doing multiple combinations of that list...and then...there's me. Kinda floating along right now.  It's frustrating at times, and I don't know if anyone else even feels like this or even begins to understand what I'm talking about.   
A part of me is happier than I ever thought possible, and then there's the part of me that wants to get my ducks in a row and figure out where my life is heading. There's too much uncertainty in the future, and it drives me nuts.
Enough babbling to the computer.  Other stuff is claiming my attention.  Ciao.
"Not all who wander are lost..." (J.R.R. Tolkien) ~Thanks, Heather.
(1 month til 21)

0 comments: