Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I am once again reminded of why I am a Delta Gamma.  The seniors crossed over tonight and took on alum status.  That, in and of itself, is usually enough to get the mushy ones (i.e. me) to start crying.  But tonight they added a new dimension, one in which the seniors did a presentation for us. And lordy, there went the tears again.  And when Emily sang "The Rose," I looked at Tamara, and it was all over.  The tears just started coming and wouldn't stop.  There were times when I doubted my involvement in a sorority.  But times like tonight remind me that I am a part of an amazing group of women, and I am truly blessed to have the sisters and friends that I do.  However....
I think I've hit a pretty low point.  A lot of things have been building, and I just can't seem to shake off this rather crappy feeling. Saturday, I finally got the nerve to fess up to Susan about having this "tiny crush," and now what was something I was going to keep to myself is now the joke among my friends.  And it's totally unlike me to be unable to talk to someone, but now I just get tongue tied and can't even say hello.  It's frustrating, it's embarrassing, and damn it...I don't even know what to say.  And being that school's all but over, and that this time next week I'll be moving out, there's really not even a point to pursuing things. I'm just frustrated, a lot with myself, a little with circumstances. 
And I have about 300 pages of papers to write before next Monday, so I'm a little stressed.  I've named my room the "stress-free" zone, so hopefully I'll freak out elsewhere. 
I'm just in a crappy mood. Maybe sleep and a day without thinking of papers will help.

0 comments: