Tuesday, May 4, 2004

Yay!!!  No more finals!!!  And the only paper I still need to go turn in is essentially done!  *huge sigh of relief*
I hate this time of year.  The stress is all but gone (thank god...) but I hate saying good-bye.  I've never been any good at it, and this year more than my other years at Spring Hill are going to be harder to deal with.  I've gotten close to so many people that are graduating, and unlike high school, most people don't stay in Mobile after graduation...if I want to see these people, I have to travel to the 4 corners of the world and back.
As I'm thinking back over this year, it's actually quite amazing how far I have come, as have my friendships and relationships and general outlook on life.  I have to say that I like myself a lot better than I did at this time last year.  To quote my mom, "I've come into my own."  I know who I am, I've (somewhat) figured out what I want to do, and I've finally realized that my dreams are my own, and it's ultimately up to me to acheive them. I know that I don't need anyone else but me, but having friends is always nice. I've learned that staying up all night to finish papers that I knew about 3 weeks in advance sucks, but no matter how hard I try to get them done early, procrastination and everything else always wins.  I've learned that Wal-Mart is it's own brand of stress relief...there is nothing that a trip to Wal-Mart with your friends can't solve.  I've learned that I have a serious shopping problem....I buy more frivolous "shit" than any one person has a right to own.  I've learned that Carebears are addictive.  I've learned that sometimes you just have to have time for yourself.  I've learned that not everyone wants you to have time for yourself.  I've learned that the lofts in Mobile Hall are way too high off the ground when any amount of alcohol has been consumed. I've learned that sisters will be there for you when you need them the most...even the ones you didn't expect to be.  I've learned that not everyone loves the color pink.  I've learned that sometimes boys are mean, and sometimes boys are nice, but your best friends will see you through them all.  I've learned that the TACA girls can overcome anything.  I've learned that filling out a job application for the YMCA is akin to working for the CIA.  I've learned that having a camera is always a good idea.  I've learned that "making movies" in Mobile Hall can get everyone's attention.  I've learned that car alarms and fire alarms only go off during finals, when you're sick, or really need a good night's sleep.  I've learned that being known as a Jersey girl is still fun.  I've learned that being known as a Southern girl is still fun.  I've learned that Sweet Home Alabama (the movie) sums up my life.  I've learned that human bowling on the third floor can be quite entertaining.  I've learned that I can stomach even the most interesting of Juan's smoothies.  I've learned that the best things in life are free.  I've learned that someone is always willing to get Chinese food.  I've learned that Susan will always be a centerfold.  I've learned that Vix will always make me smile.  I've learned that sometimes your friends can see what you don't want to see.  I've learned that I am happy being me.
So much has happened this year that it would take days...weeks...to get all of my thoughts written down.  I keep thinking of more to say, and I have to stop somewhere...
I've learned that online journals are a great way to get your feelings across...
Hugs and kisses, and best of luck to everyone still finishing finals.  Happy birthday, Greg! 
And Anna, just because you don't like being mentioned in my journal...I've learned that Anna loves pinwheels, can do ballet in the hallway for hours, needs to do laundry, looks fabulous in blue, and blah, blah, blah...

0 comments: