Saturday, May 8, 2004

I am officially resigning my membership to the "Single Girls of Mobile Association."
A few days ago, I wrote about him.  Since then, he's completely stolen my heart. I feel like a new person, and with him I feel like I can do anything.  And the best part about it is that I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he feels the same way about me.  We've been friends since 8th grade, and it's taken us this long to come full circle. 
Thursday night was our first "official" date (since "dates" in middle school usually involved a lot of talking on the phone and not really going anywhere, except maybe to the park on Saturdays...), and I don't know that I've ever enjoyed myself as much as I did that night.  We had every intention of going to a crawfish boil and having a few drinks, but both decided that we didn't want to ruin the night with alcohol.  We had dinner, then went to buy my mom a birthday present.  We bought a tub of ice cream, then went down to the pier and ate ice cream like 2 little kids.  And I had more fun just "sittin' on the dock of the bay"...
The next morning, we took his little girl to the mall and went shopping...she's 2 1/2, and I don't know who had the most fun in the toy store.  Watching them together was the most amazing experience.  It keeps reminding me of the counrty song, "when tough little boys/ grow up to be dads/ they turn into big babies again..." She's a daddy's girl through and through, and being able to be a part of that was an awesome experience. 
He makes me feel like I can do anything, and my dreams are as important as his.  I know that he would help me accomplish anything, and he would be beside me no matter what I wanted to do.  I've laughed more since last week than I think I ever have, I've smiled more than I ever have, and it's simply amazing.  I don't have to be anyone other than me, I don't have to pretend to be something or someone I'm not, and neither does he.  And most importantly, the most important people in my life: my mom, my brother, Anna, Tereasa, Alisha and Emily--all like him, and like who we are when we're together.  And for me, that's something that's hard to come by.
I have to stop somewhere, and this looks like a good place...
Hugs!

0 comments: