Monday, May 3, 2004

Today...was...brutal.
I had my Brit Lit final, which I was only slightly concerned about.  Until Alex called me.  He had a death in the family, and he had sent Dr. Neal an e-mail asking her if he could take the final at 9 rather than at the scheduled 1 p.m.  In response, she replied:
"I'm sure that the family will understand that your final exams come first.  Besides, even if you took the final at 9, it will take you more than the 2 hours, so you still wouldn't have time to make it to New Orleans for the funeral.  Perhaps you should ask one of your Jesuit friends to put in a special prayer..."
WTF?
So....we took the final together.  And wanted to kill ourselves together...when everyone in the class walks out of the final near tears and with blank expressions of sheer horror...you know it was bad. 
And Mom had her surgery today...she's in a room now, and hopefully will be minus all of the complications of the last few times, but just knowing that she had to have surgery again is not a good feeling.
AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH.....*well-deserved scream...*
Ciao for now.  Gone to visit mom and try to pack my room.

0 comments: