Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 02 Blogging Challenge

Today is supposed to be a photo of something I cannot live without. And I went through my head.  Was is my handy dandy notebook (computer)?  Was it my cell phone?  Was it my camera? Was it my Kindle? And then I realized that everything that I was listing was an expensive electronic device.  

So then I started to think a little more on a basic level.  

Sushi? 

Nursing textboooks?  (no, I could really, really live without those...)

No, what I realized that in the end, it wasn't the stuff. It never was.  This is what I couldn't live without:



The people that make up my world, my family and friends.  That's the one thing I couldn't live without. They are my world, and without them, everything is....just stuff. I can live without the electronics, the gizmos, the gadgets.  But these people are irreplaceable.  Some are gone, to be seen again in Heaven.  Some I don't talk to nearly enough.  And some I didn't have recent pictures of.  But my family and friends, that is the one thing I couldn't imagine life without.

Except maybe chapstick :-)

0 comments: