Monday, February 4, 2008

Carnival

Even though I was battling the sinus monster from hell and felt like poo by the end of carnival season, I think this year may go down in my book as one of my top 5 Mardi Gras years ever.

I didn't parade as much as I usually do, mostly due to the fact that Mardi Gras season kicked off a mere 2 weeks after the beginning of 2008.  Who wants to catch moon pies and beads when you're just coming down off of the holiday rush??

But I caught up and paraded my little heart out with the jam-packed weekend preceding Fat Tuesday.

And JW.  Bless his heart--I told him a month or so ago about a "costume party" ball that we go to every year.  He jumped in with both feet and only asked one thing...."Can I paint my face green??"  He hammed it up as the Wicked Witch of the West for our fantastically awesome rendition of the the cast of Oz.  And lo and behold, he walked away as "Queen of Mari Masquers."  He'll never live it down :-)

And Joe Cain...it's one of my favorite days of the entire year.  It's like an all day tailgating party that people ride by and throw stuff at you. 

I'm just rambling, because I hate to see another Mardi Gras season go by, but lordy, I had a great time. 

Time to pack up the beads, masks, and costumes til next year...

0 comments: