Thursday, August 14, 2008

Three Years

So much can change in three years.

August 14, 2005 was, without question, the worst day of my life. 

One year later, the scars were still brutally open, the wounds not even close to being healed.

Two years later, I had closure.  I took him to court with my best friend by my side, and found peace in justice.

Three years later, I have a boyfriend who remembered before I did, and has gone out of his way to show (and not just tell) me that that loves me and is thinking about me. I have let someone fully into my heart, and I am thankful every day that I did. 

So very much has changed since then.  I am lucky to be alive, lucky to have wonderful family and friends, and lucky to be very much in love with someone who is very much in love with me. I have a fantastic job, a beautiful niece, a grown-up baby brother,  a home of my own, a halfway-retarded dog, and a cup running over with love and happiness.

Thank you.

0 comments: