Friday, May 11, 2007

Closing a chapter

Tuesday, May 15th, marks the final closing of a chapter in my life that I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting to happen.  Adam is finally going to trial. I met with the district attorney last week, and the justice system is finally working. It's been a long time coming and a long healing process, but this marks the final closure.  Once the trial is over, I can officially close this chapter of my life and move forward.  Yes, for those who have asked, I am testifying.  After a lot of thought and a lot of soul-searching, it is what I have to do.  I can only imagine the face of a daughter or a sister or a friend and imagining them going through what I went through. It may not protect many, but knowing that I could have protectd one person is enough of a call.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to those of you who have been absolutely amazing friends over the last year and a half.  I could not have made it without you. You have been my rocks, my hope, and my lifeline.  I love you guys :-)

This is a chapter I'm all too happy to leave behind, and I'm ready to move forward with my life without having to keep looking backwards.  A new beginning, a new day, a new chapter in my life.

"Ain't nothing gonna break-a my stride, nobody gonna slow me down!"

ETA:
In the 15 mins or so since I posted this, I've gotten several messages from people who don't know what's going on or what happened.  No, it wasn't rape.  Blessed be, I don't have the emotional scars from that.  Domestic violence is another demon entirely, one that I never saw coming.  I encourage you to read my post from the one year anniversary
here if you really want to know more.

0 comments: